Friday, January 30, 2009

Fitzgerald not deserving of praise?

Here's something interesting we haven't seen reported anywhere else for some reason. Thanks to SportsbyBrooks for reminding us of the domestic violence allegations against Larry Fitzgerald made by the mother of his child. So far as I can tell, there are no criminal charges, but she has sought and received a restraining order against Fitzgerald in the last month or so. Some of the allegations from the Petition:

"Nazario [the former gf] claims that Fitzgerald “grabbed me by my hair with both hands on the back of my head very very hard and tossed me across the room,” and that when she tried to leave he “grabbed the back of my neck and slammed me down on the marble floor.”

Wow. Sounds like pretty serious stuff to me. It is pretty interesting that it hasn't gotten more attention in the mainstream media. Of course, since it's not a criminal matter, nothing has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. However, for a restraining order, it generally does have to be shown beyond a preponderance of the evidence. My guess is that Fitz likely consented to the entry of this order so as to avoid her testifying and there being a record for the media to peruse.

Makes me wonder, again, why the case involving Michael Vick and dogfighting inflamed the public so much, when a story like this gets little to no attention. True, this is just one person's version, but even before Vick plead guilty he faced enormous criticism and outrage. Does the public really think dogfighting allegations are worse than slamming a woman's face on the floor?

Also, see this PFT story from when it was first reported.

No comments: